What will downtown Vancouver be like in 2040?
In summer 2015, we asked people who live, work, and visit downtown to dream about the future. Over 11,000 people shared their visions for the future of downtown Vancouver.
They asked for:
- A 24-hour mashup of community, commerce, creativity, and culture
- A place where nature and urbanism co-exist in harmony
- A connected city where digital technology is embraced
- A downtown with a diverse mix of locals, living in a variety of new housing options
- A safe and friendly city, with more public art and engagement
- An architectural leader, with a mix of old and new, and skylines that get people talking
- A gathering place full of culture and art
- An international business hub, with unique shops and characters
- A place where everyone is welcomed and wants to be
Interest piqued? Read the full report and list of recommendations here.
This vision for the future of downtown Vancouver belongs to you. How will you bring it to life?
Achieving this collective vision will require a collaborative approach between the Downtown Vancouver BIA, its members, the City of Vancouver, and other partner organizations. It will need visionary leaders within our community to steer the development of ideas that resonate for them. We look forward to working together to embrace this vision and make the ideas listed in the report a reality. Because, if we don’t determine how downtown Vancouver grows up, others will determine it for us.