Can you imagine what downtown Vancouver will look, feel and taste like 25 years from now? No, really, can you imagine it? Want to try?
This summer, the Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association is giving you the opportunity to do just that! Re-Imagine Downtown Vancouver is an unprecedented, unique, and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shape our downtown. Over next few month, we’re going to be inviting people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences, interests, points of view and connections to downtown to dream big.
This won’t be your traditional consultation process. Rarely, if ever, do citizens get to weigh in on a dream, a vision, an idea, a culture, the spirit of a place. We’re going to ask you to share your dreams. We’re also going to ask you to bring together others in all kinds of ways to get them to re-imagine. We want as many residents, visitors, young people, business people, old-timers, supporters, naysayers, walkers, drivers, employees—you name it—to not only tell us what their ideal downtown will be like, but to actually begin to create it.
Now, picturing 25 years into the future can be challenging. But, we’re here to help you do it:
- Take our survey to get you thinking about ways to re-imagine your downtown.
- Join the conversations on Twitter and Facebook. We’ll be sharing interesting updates, diverse perspectives and event announcements. We also want to here from you and encourage you to share own thoughts, or better yet—your own links and ideas.
- Submit photos to our Instagram page of what you love most about your downtown. Then send us photos with of the coolest things you’ve seen in other downtowns that we could make our own. Use the hashtag #rdtvan.
- Host a ‘Re-Imagine Jam’ with your co-workers, friends or social group. This is where you get to dream outside of the proverbial box. We will give you a facilitator’s guide to get you started, or you can invite a member of the Re-imagine team to come and facilitate a Jam Session for you. Just say when and where. Send us an email for more information.
- Watch our blog for info on the pop-up outdoor activations we are planning this summer.
If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer, or get involved in another way, send us an email at: email@example.com.